How do I reset my gas prepayment meter?
How to fix the meter
- Put your card into the meter. It should show ‘Please wait, £XX.XX on card’ …
- Press the red A button once to turn the meter display on.
- Press the red A button again to bring up the ‘Hold for gas‘ screen.
- Hold down the red A button until the meter shows ‘Release A for gas‘
- Let go of the red A button.
How do I know if my electricity meter is faulty?
If the meter stops, turn on 1 appliance at a time and check the meter. If the meter starts to move very quickly, the appliance could be faulty. If the meter is still moving, it’s probably faulty.
What do I do if my electric key wont work?
If the machine at your usual top-up outlet isn’t working, you can find another Payzone, PayPoint or Post Office outlet. Give the contacts on your electricity key a clean with a dry toothbrush or cloth. If that doesn’t work, or you think your key is damaged, you might need to get a replacement – fill out this form.
How do I turn my electric back on with my smart meter?
Press and hold the illuminated or green B button on your electricity meter.
Restore my electricity supply using my meter
- Look at the meter reading screen on your electricity meter.
- Press A twice.
- Press B to restore the electricity supply.
How do I reconnect my electric smart meter?
Manually Reconnecting your 2nd Generation Smart Meter using your IHD
- Press the menu icon (it’s in the bottom right of your screen).
- Press TOP UP.
- Choose the fuel you want to reconnect. …
- Press OK.
- Enter the 20-digit code you’ve got via email or text (you’ll get separate codes for electricity and gas).
What happens if I run out of emergency credit?
If you keep running out of credit
If you run out of credit you’ll build up extra debt to your supplier, for example you’ll need to pay back any emergency credit you use. You can agree how to pay it back with your supplier. If it feels like you’re running out of credit too quickly, paying off debt could be the problem.
How do I reset my British Gas smart meter monitor?
Unplug your smart energy monitor. Move it closer to your electricity meter. Plug your smart energy monitor back in. Wait seven days (most smart energy monitors re-start automatically within a week)
Why is my smart meter not working?
The smart meters are probably still working well. The IHD needs a good charge on its battery, or to be plugged in, also it needs to be quite close to the actual electricity meter. To reset it it turn it right off by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and then power it back on again, it should work.
How do I restart my gas?
Resetting Your Regulator Website
- Make sure all your gas appliances are turned OFF. …
- Turn your LPG Emergency Control Valve (ECV) to the OFF. …
- Check the gas is turned ON at your tank. …
- Your regulator includes a safety device called an UPSO, …
- Open your ECV slowly to the ON position (turn the.
Who pays for a new gas meter?
Who pays for gas meter replacement? The cost of replacing a meter may be free, but this depends on your energy supplier. There could be a small admin charge but there is no reason why you would be charged for a required piece of equipment.
What is the black button for on a gas meter?
You’ll have a white or grey button on your electricity meter if you have the Budget function. You’ll have a black button on your gas meter if you have the Budget function. If you’re struggling to pay your energy bills, you might like to find out how to cut your energy costs – read our Energy Efficiency Guide.