How do I read my electric meter?
To read the meter:
- Read the first 4 dials from left to right – ignore the large dials or red dials.
- If the pointer is between two numbers, write down the lower number – if it’s between 9 and 0, write down 9.
- If the pointer is directly over a number, write down that number.
What are the units on my electricity meter?
Electricity meters measure in kilowatt hours (kWh) and often have an analogue or digital display, which are straight-forward to read.
What button do I press to get a meter reading?
To read the meter:
- press the left button – it might say ‘A’
- write down the number from left to right.
- ignore any zeroes at the beginning and any numbers after the decimal point if there is one.
Why does my electric meter have 3 readings?
Your meter may show you 3 readings – one will be your day reading, one your night reading and the final reading is a total reading. We’ll only need to take the day and night readings.
What is a standard electricity meter?
What is a standard electricity meter? Standard meters are the most common type of electricity meter in the UK, and measure electricity usage per kilowatt-hour (kWh), which is the number of units of energy you use in one hour.
What does my electricity meter reading mean?
Meter readings tell energy suppliers how much gas and electricity you are using. If you don’t give your supplier meter readings they will estimate your usage. You usually end up paying too much or too little on estimated usage.
What do the numbers on a digital electric meter mean?
Digital electric meters have numeric displays that show numbers in kilowatt hours. A kilowatt is equal to 1,000 watts. If you have a 100-watt light bulb that is turned on for one hour, then 100 watt hours or 0.1 kilowatt hours is consumed.
How do you read a meter with A and B button?
If your meter has a green A and a white B button:
- Press and hold the green A button for at least 2 seconds.
- Press A again and again to cycle through the displays.
- The first row of numbers you’ll see is your meter reading.
What does the B button do on a smart meter?
If you pay a single rate
press the white B button – the screen will light up. wait until the screen says ‘meter boost’ – press ‘A’ to select ‘no’ and you should see numbers followed by ‘KWH’ write down the numbers from left to right. ignore any zeroes at the beginning and any numbers after the decimal point.
How do you take a meter reading from a smart meter?
To get a reading from these smart meters: Press 6 on the keypad until you see ‘IMP R01’ followed by 8 digits. You’ll then see 8 digits (e.g. 0012565.3) followed by kWh at the bottom right of the screen. This will be your peak/day time reading.