The applications of electrical motor mainly include blowers, fans, machine tools, pumps, turbines, power tools, alternators, compressors, rolling mills, ships, movers, paper mills.
What are the applications of electric motor Class 10?
In simple terms, the electrical motor is a device used for producing rotational energy.
Uses of Electric Motors
- They are used in electric fans.
- They are used in washing machines.
- Used in water pumps.
What is electric motor write its principle and applications?
The principle of an electric motor is based on the current carrying conductor which produces magnetic field around it. A current carrying conductor is placed perpendicular to the magnetic field so that it experiences a force.
What are the practical applications of motor and generator?
They are mainly used in supplying excitation of small and medium-range alternators. The Industrial Applications of DC Machines are in Electrolytic Processes, Welding processes and Variable speed motor drives.
What is electric motor explain with diagram?
1) When electric is passed into the rectangular coil, magnetic field is produced around the coil. 2)The magnetic field of horse shoe type interacts with the magnetic field on the coil and causes the coil to rotate continuously.
What is electric motor and its principle?
The electric motor works on the principle of magnetic effects of current. Its principle is when a rectangular coil is placed in a magnetic field and current is passed through it, the coil rotates as a result of the forces acting on the coil. … Rotor Armature: It performs continuous rotation while the motor is running.
What are the two main components of an electric motor?
The two main components of this kind of motor are the stator (stationary element) and the rotor (rotating element). The stator is a fixed part of the stationary motor.
What are the types of electric motor?
Types of Electric Motors
- AC Brushless Motors. AC brushless motors are some of the most popular in motion control. …
- DC Brushed Motors. In a DC brushed motor, brush orientation on the stator determines current flow. …
- DC Brushless Motors. …
- Direct Drive. …
- Linear Motors. …
- Servo Motors. …
- Stepper Motors.
Which motor is best for generator?
The DC motor is best suited for a generator. It’ll produce current, even if the speed of the rotation is somewhat less. When you use a single phase motor, you’ll need to rotate it at a speed higher than the motors synchronous speed to generate energy.
What are the similarities and difference between electric motor and generator?
The Difference Between Electric Motor and Electric Generator in Tabular Form
|Electric Motor||Electric Generator|
|The shaft of the motor is driven by the magnetic force generated between the armature and the field.||In electric generators, the shaft is attached to the rotor and is driven by the mechanical force.|
What are the applications of DC shunt motor?
The applications of shunt DC motor include the following.
- These motors are used wherever stable speed is required.
- This kind of DC motor can be used in Centrifugal Pumps, Lifts, Weaving Machine, Lathe Machines, Blowers, Fans, Conveyors, Spinning machines, etc.